North Fort Myers Private Adoption Attorneys
Helping Families Through the Adoption Process in Lee and Charlotte Counties
At Daniels Law, P.A., we understand that adoption is a lifetime decision that requires careful consideration. We are here to help guide you through the process, answer your questions, and help you find the right family for your child.
Our firm has helped hundreds of families through private adoptions. We are proud to be one of the largest and most experienced private adoption firms in the state of Florida. Daniels Law, P.A. is also the only firm in the state to have been awarded the highly coveted 5-Star rating by Avvo, the world's largest lawyer rating site.
What Is a Private Adoption?
A private adoption is an adoption in which the birth mother chooses the family for her child. In a private adoption, the only parties involved are the birth mother, the adoptive family, and a licensed adoption agency or attorney. The birth mother makes all the decisions regarding the adoption, including the final decision to place the child with the family and has up to 48 hours after the child is born to finalize the decision.
What Are the Adoption Process Requirements in Florida?
Adopting a child in Florida can be a lengthy process. The process can take anywhere from one year to several years, depending on the situation. The time it takes to complete an adoption largely depends on the age of the child and the type of adoption.
- The birth mother must be at least 16 years old (or 15 with parental consent).
- The birth mother must live in Florida or must have lived in Florida at some point during her pregnancy.
- The birth mother must be unmarried, not in a relationship, and must have consent from the father for the adoption.
- The birth mother must be mentally competent and must not be using illegal drugs during the pregnancy.
- The birth mother must be willing to release her child for adoption.
- The birth mother can choose the adoptive family.
- The birth mother must attend counseling sessions.
Does Florida Have an Open Adoption Law?
Yes, Florida has an open adoption law, which allows for some form of contact between the birth mother and the adoptive family.
Types of Open Adoptions:
- Direct contact – The adoptive family and the birth mother can exchange information and pictures.
- Indirect contact – The adoptive family and the birth mother can exchange information, but not pictures.
Guidance and Support Throughout the Private Adoption Process
At Daniels Law, P.A., our experienced team of North Fort Myers private adoption attorneys is dedicated to helping families navigate the complex and emotional journey of private adoption. We understand that every adoption is unique, and we are here to provide the guidance and support you need every step of the way.
What sets us apart:
- Extensive knowledge of the adoption process in Lee and Charlotte counties
- Compassionate and personalized approach to meet your specific needs
- Thorough understanding of the legal requirements for private adoption in Florida
- Commitment to protecting your rights and the best interests of the child
- Transparent and open communication throughout the entire process
Our goal is to make the private adoption process as smooth and stress-free as possible for you and your family. We believe that every child deserves a loving and supportive home, and we are honored to be a part of making that happen.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you with your private adoption journey.
What can I say, it was a pleasure working with Theresa Daniels!!! Theresa made everything so easy with the adoption process and paperwork.- Elma M.
They followed up with me when I called them and answered all my questions.- Elizabeth C.
Absolutely a wonderful experience. She handled our step-parent adoption case quickly and professionally.- Former Client
Theresa and Courtney are the best, amazing, caring, helpful, and a pleasure to work with.- Ed M.
Theresa and Courtney were great to work with.- Amanda D.
Hands down best experience throughout our adoption process. We couldn't have chosen anyone better.- Rochelle S.
They were easy to work with, knowledgeable and friendly. We couldn’t have asked for a better firm to help us through our adoption process.- Holly H.
It was truly a pleasure haviing Daniels Law represent me in my adoption case.- Herbia W.